Friday, September 28, 2012

Why are we so different? 9/28/12, Question #3

Hello Readers,
After reading Chapter 2, I was still very intrigued with the section titled "Gender, Age, and Reason". As most of you have, I have come across a typical relationship argument and we all know how those end. It seems that after all the fighting and bickering is done, we come to the conclusion that "they (the significant others) don't get us". As the book said we have stereotypes of how women and men think, which are that men think logically and use reason whereas women use emotion. This was at least what people thought for years but some how this notion is sometimes used today. However, I believe that although men and women can have critical thinking abilities the way they use reason is different. I think that men do tend to use facts and logic to argue something whereas women tend to bring up old emotions and situations. Although they are critically thinking i believe that the way they get to a given answer or response is different. This is also why I think that there are arguments between men and women. Not saying that women can't be great critical thinkers I just think they use reason in their minds differently. Those are my two sense about the subject. 


-Heisenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment