Sunday, December 9, 2012

Last week of discussions, question 3 12/9/12

Throughout the semester we have covered an array of topics like critical thinking and logic to social contracts and sovereignty. Although there were many topics that were interesting could have used further detail, I believe that the topic "Assumptions Underlying Science" could be better explained. The reason I believe that this is very important is because we use FACTS to support our arguments. Facts are nothing else then science being applied to generate a result, therefore we must understand and be aware of the fallacies science falls victim to. The main assumptions science falls to are Empiricism, Objective, Materialism, Predictability, and Unity. The book talks about them briefly but I believe we as a class could have talked about them in further detail. I believe knowing how a fact came to be can give us  a better understanding of how to use them in our arguments. This is why i think that this topic could have been further talked about especially, since we use them when defending or supporting something.  This has been a great class that has thought me so much that I will be able to carry forward. I thank the teacher and wish her the best with her future classes.



Sincerely, Heisenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment