Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chapter 12 Question 2 11/14/12

This was a difficult question because I am a very logical thinker and don't jump to conclusions. However, (before I had a girlfriend) during the first day of class, Spring 2012, I noticed a very cute girl that was walking ahead of me. I thought she was just walking in the same direction as me but as it turned out she was in my class. I was quite excited but did not show it. Class was boring like it always is on the first day, but I was excited to introduce myself to her. However, when class ended there was a guy waiting for the girl outside the class room. I jumped to a conclusion right there and then, which was "just my luck she is taken". I know many guys have felt that way or have been placed in that situation. A week passed and the girl kept sitting next to me, even though I had seen her with her "boyfriend". I was polite and did not hit on her, however one day the topic for the class was on relationships. We were placed in groups and she happened to be in mine. We all had to state whether or not we were in a relationship and if so for how long. I had concluded that she was taken but did not ever ask her myself or try to use scientific methods to she if my conclusion was right or wrong. As it turns out she was single! I was so mad at myself for assuming because it hindered me from talking to her. It was here were I applied some scientific methods such as "Gathering Additional Information and Refine my Hypothesis". I found out the guy waiting for her was a cousin who she commuted with and that she had been single for over a year due to her busy schedule. I then refined my Hypothesis and developed a new one. This situation really reinforced my logical thinking personally and never again will I jump to a conclusion.


Heisenberg.

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same as you and I concur that many guys feel this all the time. There was this one time, where I was at a party and I made sure my game was on point. I was in the same situation as you thinking that this girl was not in a relationship. I was certainly wrong, once I obtained her number at the end of the night, she told me she had a boyfriend. I was misled the entire time because she was flirting with me and showing certain signals. In the end, I will always make sure the girl does not have a boyfriend, before I talk to her.

    ReplyDelete