Monday, November 5, 2012

Chapter 11, Question 3 11/5/12

Hello Readers,
I want to start off by saying that this was a great chapter to read after last weeks chapter. Last week we read about how company's market and use advertisement to appeal to us. In this weeks chapter the book is trying to teach us how to interpenetrate mass media as a whole. This is I believe is very helpful with the election being right around the corner. I really enjoyed reading "Depth of News Analysis". This topic illustrated how media is being used today by the companies that own the broadcasting company's. It shocked me to see that corporations pay people to write bias article to appeal to people. This made me think of all the prop "#" commercial being aired right now and how much corporations paid to get those aired. I wonder after reading this chapter how much of the media is "unbiased" because I believe everything is is bias to a certain extent. Also this topic in the chapter brought some other insight into how people take things out of context to create a more entertaining story. I feel like we have so much liberty to use our freedom of speech that it is actually hindering us from voicing the truth in media. Those are my two sense of a topic this week and thanks for reading.

Heisenberg.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Heisenberg! I really liked how in your post you connected what we did last week, to our reading this week. I also agree that it was really stellar planning to have our chapter on mass media during the final week of the presidential campaign! It is really interesting to think about all the biased commercials, articles, billboards, etc that we encounter every day that are either stretching the truth, or pumping in bias to appeal to many more people. I think you took it a step farther and included the bias that occurs since free speech is such a huge part of being in America. Thanks for the post! It was really fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heisenberg,

    I think this is a pretty great chapter to read as the media are impacting the society and us everyday. I like how you are able to link the new analysis with the election. We learn things from media easily, so that it is important to filter what is on the platform. Also, broadcasting company should be neutral on all topics, just so audience will take it the way it is. However, corporations use a lot of money to attract them to write or broadcast something in favor of those wealthy people or big corporations. That is the beginning of the unbiased information come out and spread through the world.

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete